Everybody loves a good list!
So today’s post is quite literally just that! A big list. A list of self-care ideas (with a bonus printable) and a list of list inspiration that you can use to write down all the things! Writing things down is a great way to keep your mind healthy and occupied.
* Ignores computer having a fit for overuse of the word list!!
Self-care, we’ve all heard of it, but there’s more to it than just soaking a bath with some scented candles listening to Enya (forgive me that’s my mother’s fault!)
Self-care is about looking after your mental, emotional and physical health collectively. It’s about looking after yourself and filling up your tank so that you can look after anybody else relying on you. It’s making sure you’re not running on empty all the time!
However, if I were to ask you the question; What is it you do, to look after yourself? My guess is the answer would be, errrrm?!
Right well, in that case, let’s get stuck in!
I’ve compiled a great big list of self-care ideas, as I repeatedly said earlier…
- Listen to your favourite songs
- Turn off your phone for a few hours
- Revisit an old hobby or develop a new one
- Plant some flowers
- Rearrange your furniture
- Read a new book
- Declutter your bedroom
- Create a peaceful sanctuary just for you in your home
- Prepare your favourite food and eat it!
- Get dressed up for no reason, just you
- Take a nap!
- Get something done from your to-do list
- Plan a new relaxing evening routine
- Work on a Jigsaw puzzle
- Meet a friend for coffee or lunch
- Call somebody you love
- Start a mood journal
- Find an online course to take
- Create a motivational mood board on Pinterest
- Have a facebook cleanse. Unfollow or delete toxic friends and unhelpful groups
- Grab a notebook and just start writing
- Print and colour in some adult colouring pages
- Attend a yoga session or sign up for a class
- Go for a short walk or drive
- Turn up the radio and have a dance!
- Treat yourself to a massage at a local salon
- Go to bed early
- Have a Netflix night under a cosy blanket
- Find a local interest club to attend
- Go hiking or camping, take a mini break
- Bake a cake and eat it
- Have a long soak in a bubble bath
- Light some candles and play spa music
- Give yourself a DIY facial
- Buy yourself a motivational planner
- Borrow or buy a self-help book
- Sit outside a coffee shop, and people watch
- Visit a local museum
- Have a day out at the beach
- Find a local animal sanctuary and go say hello!
- Volunteer in a local charity shop
- Visit a local nature reserve
- Become an amateur photographer for the day
- Buy glow in the dark stars and stick them to your bedroom ceiling
- Have a picnic
- Reconnect with an old friend
- Try some meditation
- Perform a random act of kindness
- Go for a run
- Set some big goals and work out how to achieve them
Now for a list of lists, you need to write for yourself.
- All the women who inspire you and some of their character traits you’d like to adopt
- A house renovation or DIY jobs that needs doing
- Write a bucket list (or create a Pinterest board, you can see mine here)
- A prioritised to-do list (read this post here)
- All the things you love about yourself (read this post here)
- Compliments to yourself
- Dream travel destinations
- The food you’d like to try, cook or bake
- All the great memories you have that make you smile
- Tv programmes you want to catch up on or start watching
- Feel-good films you’d like to see.
- All your strengths and examples of why they’re great
- Books you want to read
- Products you’d like to try from your favourite brands
There you have it, one enormous list you literally have no excuse now!
Pay attention to your needs and learn to prioritise yourself. Taking care of yourself is a basic human need and should be ongoing and something you practice daily.
Fancy something else?